Grand Prairie Auto Accident Attorney | Grand Prairie Car Wreck Lawyer | Grand Prairie Vehicle Accident Attorney
Car accidents are, by far, the leading cause of transportation related injuries throughout the United States and locally in the Grand Prairie area. Most Americans are completely dependent on using cars to perform each of our daily tasks, including driving to the store, work, school, shopping, doctors, and a variety of other commonplace tasks. The inevitable consequence is that, no matter how safe a driver you are, you will likely be involved in some sort of auto accident one day. This reality becomes even more likely in a city such as Grand Prairie, Texas, which is an important West Texas center and due to the Air Force Base within the Grand Prairie area.
When Should You Hire a Grand Prairie Car Accident Attorney?
Of course, not every car accident requires that you hire a car accident lawyer. Car accident lawyers only become necessary when an accident results in an injury serious enough to warrant medical attention, or one that detracts from your quality of life and daily routine. In these cases, retaining a Grand Prairie, Texas automobile accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the advice and compensation you deserve.
You should contact an experienced Grand Prairie auto accident attorney when your injuries are such that:
- You have a severe injury that will cause you some significant lost time or wages from work; or
- Where a car accident causes you to be disfigured; or
- You are caused to suffer permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from a Grand Prairie auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain a Grand Prairie car accident attorney immediately.
Why Do You Need a Grand Prairie Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Texas, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are notorious for trying to get out of paying fair and just compensation to their customers, even when those customers have routinely made their insurance payments for years. Let’s face it, how do car insurance companies make money? Simply put: They love to take premiums and hate to pay claims.
Grand Prairie car accident attorneys handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Grand Prairie area and in all areas of Dallas County. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in a Grand Prairie, Texas traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The defense lawyer will try to place fault on the injured party to reduce their award. This “fault” is called comparative fault and this is a very important reason why you need an experienced Grand Prairie accident attorney.
Grand Prairie Uninsured Car Wreck Lawyer
Even though it is required in Texas, that if you drive in Grand Prairie you have insurance, people do not always have insurance. When they hit your car and injure you, that is called and uninsured motorist's claim. If this is happens, your uninsured auto accident lawyer in Grand Prairie will try to successfully handle your Grand Prairie car wreck against your car insurance company. Depending on how your insurance company treats you, it may also give rise to a Grand Prairie bad faith insurance claim.
Grand Prairie Car Accidents Involving Driver Charged with Driving While Intoxicated
Because of the unique set of laws in Texas having to do with drunk driving accidents, please visit our Driving While Intoxicated Car Accident page for a more complete understanding.
Grand Prairie Distracted Driver Car Accidents
Today's drivers are often distracted by text messages and phone calls on smartphones and other devices. While we have a constant need to check messages to stay current both for work and our social lives, distracted driving is a major hazard in the Grand Prairie area. Grand Prairie Distracted Driving Accidents, caused by drivers that text, can be dangerous and even fatal. If a the driver of the car that hit you was a texting driver or a distracted driver, call a Grand Prairie Distracted Driver Car Crash Attorney Today.
Grand Prairie Wrongful Death Car Accident Lawyer
Fatal accidents due happen in Grand Prairie, Texas. When they do, your family has a claim under the Texas Wrongful Death Statute. If your family has suffered the loss of a loved one and you believe that the other party was at fault, contact an experienced Grand Prairie fatal car accident Lawyer right away.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Grand Prairie auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons. If it is non-emergency, call (361) 676-6683 ;
- As soon as you are able, call a Grand Prairie car accident lawyer;
- If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by a Grand Prairie ambulance, you can later get information at:
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Grand Prairie, or a surrounding area, try calling the local police department:
Grand Prairie Police Department : (972) 237-8790
Dallas County Precinct 4: (214) 875-2121
Dallas County Precinct 1: (972) 228-0006
Dallas County Sheriff: (214) 653-3450
Other reasons to retain a Grand Prairie, TX Auto Accident lawyer or Dallas County, TX Auto Accident lawyer include:
- In Texas, the statutory minimum of liability insurance is $25,000.00;
- A trained Grand Prairie, Texas car accident attorney will get you quality medical care;
- A Dallas County car accident lawyer will preserve vital evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate the accident for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If alcohol and/or drugs played a role in the cause of the accident punitive damages may be available;
A licensed Grand Prairie car accident attorney will make sure that:
- Your automobile’s property damage is fully paid;
- Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) is recovered; and
- That all layers of insurance coverage, such as excess levels of coverage are placed on notice;
- A persona injury attorney in Grand Prairie will not let your statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of the accident;
A Grand Prairie injury trial lawyer will be completely familiar with:
- The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure;
- The laws governing where your lawsuit should be filed. These are called "Venue" laws.
- If your Grand Prairie car crash lawyer determines that your car injury lawsuit should be filed in one of the below Dallas County Civil Courts or Dallas County District Court, they will also have a thorough knowledge of the Texas Rules of Evidence. Some of the Grand Prairie trial courts include:
Dallas County 68th Civil District Court
Dallas County 95th Civil District Court
Dallas County 101st Civil District Court
Dallas County 116th Civil District Court
- If your Grand Prairie injury litigator, chooses federal court, he or she will be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and the Federal Rules of Evidence.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Grand Prairie tractor trailer accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an accident in Grand Prairie involving a commercial vehicle.
Resources for Grand Prairie Residents
Grand Prairie Area
Methodist Charlton Medical Center
Parkland Health & Hospital System
Vibra Specialty Hospital
Pine Creek Medical Center
Grand Prairie Area
Americas Tire & Automotive Repair
Midas Grand Prairie
NTB - National Tire & Battery
Grand Prairie Area
D & M Leasing
A & A Auto Rental
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in the Grand Prairie area or anywhere in Dallas County or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Grand Prairie vehicle accident law firms listed on this page.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys Serve Grand Prairie and Surrounding Cities
Serving clients throughout Central Texas, including Arlington, Azle, Bedford, Benbrook, Blue Mound, Colleyville, Crowley, Dalworthington Gardens, Edgecliff Village, Euless, Everman, Forest Hill, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Haltom City, Haslet, Hurst, Keller, Kennedale, Lake Worth, Lakeside, Mansfield, North Richland Hills, Pantego, Pelican Bay, Richland Hills, River Oaks, Saginaw, Sansom Park, Southlake, Watauga, Westlake, Westover Hills, White Settlement, areas in the vicinity of Dallas-Ft. Worth International Airport, and other communities in Dallas County and Tarrant County.